Thoughts on products, performance, and doublethink in the magic community.

Sunday, June 05, 2005

You Never Know Who You'll Meet...

I was doing magic at a friend's graduation party and everything went really well. I expected it to be just a normal, fun performance, but then something unexpected and totally awesome happened.

I started talking with the lone adult watching, who was there with her daughter. After talking with the lady for a few minutes, I discovered that she had major connections with professional magicians around the country. She is close friends with every member of T.H.E.M., a performance group who had a television special on NBC some time ago. Many of T.H.E.M's members work with the big magicians in Vegas, like Copperfield and Lance Burton. She was also quite familiar with the Magic Castle.

The lady seemed impressed by my magic and she was kind enough to give me private contact information for the Who's Who of the magic business. I guess if I play my cards right, this could lead to making some valuable and exciting connections.

I guess who you know is just as important as what you know. Damn, this is cool!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home