Thoughts on products, performance, and doublethink in the magic community.

Saturday, July 30, 2005

The Obligatory Post

Lately, as soon as I've mentioned magic or started performing, nearly everybody has asked me about Criss Angel.

"Do you know how he does his levitation?"
"What do you think of him?"
"Have you seen the show?"

I'm impressed that Angel has captured the public's interest not only in his show, but in magic in general. People never asked me questions about T.H.E.M. or Mondo Magic.

Even though I can't tell laypeople how the levitation works, I do tell them about how I met Angel last summer. They seem genuinely interested.

And laypeople generally seem more receptive when I take out my cards or coins. I don't know whether I'm getting lucky or whether there really is an 'Angel-effect.' Whichever it is, I'm enjoying it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Andster said...

So...What's the story with you meeting him last summer? I'd be interested in hearing it.

12:49 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home